According to studies, 84 percent of women choose to remove at least part of their body hair. Women nowadays have a lot of options for removing the hair, but one of the most popular method of removing unwanted hairs has always been using wax strips. But not all women opt for waxing, since using wax strips often irritates the skin. That is why we found a way of making DIY wax strips safe for those women with sensitive skin!
DIY WAX STRIPS SAFE FOR YOUR SENSITIVE SKIN
Yes, you have read it right! There is a method of making wax strips safe for sensitive skin: popularly known as Sugar waxing.
The Magic of Sugar Wax Strips
Wax strips made from sugar have existedsince the beginning of time and were even used by our ancestors. Sugar waxing may be new to your ears but it has a lot of proven benefits!
Here is a list of some of the magical wonders of these DIY wax strips:
- Sugar wax strips are beneficial for your wallet. The ingredients and process of creating this DIY wax strips is cheaper than wax strips bought from stores.
- Sugar wax strips are very easy to tidy up because the wax mixture dissolves in water. The warmer the water is, the quicker these wax strips dissolves, making it easier to clean!
- Sugar wax strips cause little to no amount of pain at all! In fact you can simply wash the sugar wax strip away without inflicting pain to yourself.
- Sugar wax strips are safe for your skin! These strips are made from natural products and poses little danger to your skin, unless you are allergic to sugar and its other ingredients!
- Sugar wax strips do not rip off your skin! Since sugar wax strips can be easily dissolved, you do not have to rip them off your skin!
- Sugar wax strips are very easy to make, all you need is white sugar, lemon juice, and of course, water.
The Sugar Waxing Experience:
Still kind of skeptic of all the benefits of Sugar waxing listed above? Don’t worry, here is a testimonial from Vanessa, sharing her experience using these DIY Wax strips.
Vanessa has always been a fan of waxing, despite having sensitive skin. She already had numerous unfortunate experiences with waxing, including burning herself once with microwavable waxes! Vanessa has also tried getting her legs waxed at a waxing salon, but the wax was just either very hot or too strong for her sensitive skin.. Not only was the experience painful, but she went home only to see that the skin on her legs were all scabbed. Yikes!
Fortunately, Vanessa was able to find a better waxing solution! Sugar waxing not only saves her money, but has also never left a burning sensation on her skin, making her skin smooth and healthy! She had nothing but positive words to describe her sugar waxing experience.
Already convinced you should try these DIY sugar wax strips? Here is how to create your own DIY Sugar wax strips!
ESSENTIAL SUGAR WAX INGREDIENTS:
Here are the essential ingredients to make the DIY wax strips safe for your sensitive skin:
- One cup of organic raw cane sugar
- Lemon Juice or lemon essential oil
- Raw honey
- Small pan
- Popsicle stick or spatula
- Wax strips
DIY WAX STRIPS STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
First: Pour the raw sugar organic sugar in a pan.
Second: Add water.
Third: Add Lemon juice or lemon oil.
Fourth: Stir and Turn up the Heat into High.
Fifth: When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the high heat to medium setting.
Sixth: If the waxing mixture is still boiling, lower the heat even more and do not forget to stir the mixture constantly.
Seventh: When the mixture starts to turn a golden color, turn off the heat. Take a spoon full of the wax mixture and put it inside your refrigerator to test consistency. Once the mixture has cooled down, it should be thicker than the texture of honey (you should be able to put it in your hand and roll it around, like clay). If the mixture is still too sticky, re-heat the mixture on a low heat for a few more minutes and then it test again.
CAUTION: Be careful with the head setting, as if you burn the wax mixture, it will solidify and not be able to be used after cooling.
Eighth: Pour your wax mixture into a bowl and leave to cool for about 30 minutes. If the mixtures is still too warm even after 30 minutes have passed, wait a little bit longer and then check again.
Apply Your DIY Sugar wax strips!
After successfully creating the mixture for your DIY wax strips, it is now time to apply these sugar wax strips and remove those undesirable hairs!
Using a spatula or a Popsicle stick, scoop out a handful of the wax mixture. Roll the wax into a ball.
TIPS: If you are using the wax strip for your legs, create a hand sized wax ball. The bigger the area, the more wax you will need!
Press the ball of wax mixture onto the area you want to wax.
Using a Popsicle stick or spatula, flatten out the wax over the area you are waxing until the wax is about 1/4 inches thick.
Apply the waxing sheet over the wax mixture. Afterwards, quickly rub back and forth over the waxing strip. Do not forget to apply the right amount of pressure since friction is key for the success of this DIY wax strips!
Are you ready now? Take a deep breath, count 1, 2, 3 and then pull! (If you are not using wax strips, you can simply pull the wax off by itself. Handy right?!)
Create a new wax strip for the rest of the unwanted hair you would like to get rid of.
If you are not using a waxing sheet or strip, use the same wax mixture you have recently used and apply it again. (Normally, a wax mixture can be used more than two times!) But, again, if you are using waxing sheets, I’m afraid you won’t be able to reuse the wax, and have to mold a new handful of wax.
DIY Sugar Waxing Tips:
- For your underarms, apply a small amount of baby powder to absorb moisture before starting to wax. Applying baby powder before starting with your waxing experience can be very soothing to your sensitive skin.
- For your tender and sensitive skin areas like underarms and bikini line, it always helps to pull the skin first and then apply the sugar wax.
- To minimize the pain you are experiencing, only apply necessary pressure to the waxed area.
- If you find yourself needing to remove the wax, simply run it under warm water and wait until it disappears.
- To clean up the bowl and pan you have used in creating this DIY wax strips, simply leave the pan and bowl soaking in warm water until the wax disappears.
- If you still have a few persistent hairs, you may use a tweezer to remove them. If the wax is still there and not dissolved yet, you can simply use your fingers!
- If you think the mixture of wax is too much for you, you can simply cut the ingredients in half of the recipe!
Excited to try this DIY wax strips for yourself and see the magnificent results? Just make sure to follow the steps properly to ensure you have a great experience.