You’d be lying if you don’t agree that ice cream sandwiches are charming. With two cookies sandwiching your fav ice cream—now that’s something good, right? All the more reason to fill our refrigerator with a bunch of these yummy ice cream sandwiches. In fact, you can make your own Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches, and there are a lot of recipes to try (check them out below). But before that, let’s learn first how to make one.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
It’s amazing how you’d feel young again with a simple bite of an ice cream sandwich. But homemade ice cream sandwiches aren’t that easy to perfect. First, you have the cookies. They crumble if they’re too thin and are hard to munch if they’re too thick. The right kinds of cookies we’re looking for should be magically softening as they chill. As always, assembling and not eating your ice cream sandwiches right away, but freezing them is the key.
For the ice cream, simply buy your chosen flavor from the store, make a room in your freezer or refrigerator, and—time to visit the past—store to freeze it again. Nothing tastes good about nostalgia.
When choosing the layers of your ice cream, you are free to select whatever flavor you like provided that it’s the real thing: sorbet, Gelato, and frozen yogurt. Choose two flavors. Their combination should not only appeal to your taste buds but also provide nice color contrast. Cherry and Pistachio, Salted Caramel and Chocolate, Coconut and Coffee, and Mango and Vanilla are pairings that really taste good together.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches – Basic Recipe
What you initially need are thick and chewy cookies. This recipe uses chewy double chocolate cookies. Freeze these cookies to make them almost like a brownie. Instead of breaking, they just buckle slowly and are absolutely mouthwatering when eaten.
Image Courtesy of Inspired Taste
Are the cookies you need all set? Then, you have to have an ice cream to match it. The flavor is up to you. This recipe, however, uses mint chocolate chips. Scoop big ice cream balls onto a parchment paper and onto a baking sheet. Use more parchment paper to cover the cookies. Flatten the ice cream balls gently enough to match the cookies’ diameter.
Image Courtesy of Inspired Taste
Was that it? Well, yup! You can wrap them in parchment or plastic, freeze them, and enjoy eating them later. By the way, see to it that they’re wrapped well, or else the ice cream will have an undesirable flavor that it picked up from the refrigerator or freezer. You can also eat them right away!
Here’s one recipe that you might want to try.
Homemade Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
This recipe will take 40 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook, so you’ll need to be patient for 50 minutes to enjoy this.
Let’s try to make 10 pieces of this recipe!
- 2 cups ice cream
- 8 tablespoons (115 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1 – Making Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Set 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Add sugars and butter to a large deep dish, set the speed of a hand blender to medium and beat until fluffy, creamy, and light. Add the salt, egg, and vanilla extract. Turn blender to medium speed again and beat to mix well.
Prepare a separate deep dish, whisk and blend well the baking soda, flour, and cocoa powder.
Set the hand blender to low, carefully add the ingredients that are dry to the wet to scrape down the sides of the deep dish as needed, thickening the cookie dough more. What’s left to do is to blend to combine everything.
Do full or medium scoop from the cookie batter using a rounded tablespoon and drop onto baking sheets. Bake until the top of the cookies are dry and they’re a bit puffed (may take 9-12 minutes). Wait for 5 minutes to cool on the baking sheets then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Step 2 – Preparing Ice Cream
For the time being, line a pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Scoop 10 balls of ice cream—at least 3 tbsp. for every scoop. (You should have 10 sandwiches in this recipe. If you end up with 20 cookies or more, accommodate by scooping additional ice cream).
Use another sheet of parchment paper to cover your ice cream, then slowly press the ice cream down so that they’re the diameter of the cookies. In case the melting of the ice cream occurs, move baking sheet to the freezer to firm it up for 5-10 minutes.
Step 3 – Wrapping It Up
Sandwich one flattened ice cream ball with two cookies. You can wrap it with parchment paper, plastic, or foil, and then freeze it up for about 3 months.
By the way, you’re not limited to that recipe only. Why not try other delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches? Watch out for a toothache! Below are the recipes for homemade ice cream sandwiches.
20 Yummy Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches & Recipes
Never mind visiting the store and make one of these yummy homemade ice cream sandwiches. Whether you’re a cookie dough fan or a chocoholic, the treats below are perfect for everyone who just couldn’t get enough of desserts.
1. Ice Cream Tacos Recipe
Image Courtesy of Delish
Both ice cream and tacos are great! Combine them, and you got yourself an ice cream taco. This new version of ice cream dessert levels up tacos with its fun presentation and clever delicacy.
- 2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Small Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- Mix sugar and cinnamon on a small plate to make cinnamon sugar.
- Use a double boiler to melt and smoothen chocolate chips, then set aside.
- Heat butter using a small frying pan set over to medium heat. Add sauce and tortillas, one after another, until crisp and golden, 2 minutes for both sides. Coat the tortilla with cinnamon sugar.
- Half-fold tortillas, and dip their outer edges in liquid chocolate, then dip in sprinkles. Grab a muffin tray, flip it over, and place the tortillas standing upright. Set aside sitting at least 10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Stuff the tacos with three vanilla ice cream scoops with caramel as toppings. Freeze for about half an hour, or until firm.
2. Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Delish
Homemade chewy and extra-soft snickerdoodles sandwich a slightly softened vanilla ice cream to create one of the most delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches.
- 1 gal. creamy vanilla ice cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 softened sticks unsalted butter
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat the oven in advance to 350°. Grab a large rimmed baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Use a hand mixer to beat sugar (1 ¼ cups) and butter to make the mixture fluffy in a large bowl. Add vanilla and eggs and beat to mix well.
- In another medium bowl, add baking soda, flour, salt, and 1 tsp. cinnamon, and whisk to mix.
- Pour the ingredients that are dry into the wet and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture to the baking sheet set up earlier and sprinkle with the excess sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Wait for it to completely cool in the pan, and then make two large rectangles by cutting the sheet cake in half crosswise.
- Place vanilla ice cream on one half and spread it, then lay the second over to sandwich the ice cream.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer or refrigerator for about 2 hours to freeze and make firm, and then square cut.
3. Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Sugar Hero
The comfort that warm, fresh oven-baked cinnamon rolls bring is just so amazing! Try homemade ice cream sandwiches like these relaxing cinnamon roll ice cream sandwiches—a classic favorite with a new twist by sandwiching ice cream with the ever-loved sweet and gooey cinnamon bread. Don’t miss out on the satisfaction it brings!
- 1 pint of your favorite ice cream
- 1 can of large, refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Heat the oven in advance to 350°.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into even slices.
- Put them on tray and oven-bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350°, or up to the point that it’s golden brown. Get it out of the oven and let it completely cool.
- Use a large knife to slice the pint of your favorite ice cream horizontally. You should end up with a perfect ice cream circle.
- Lay your ice cream cut over one cinnamon roll with another cinnamon roll atop it.
4. Giant Chipwich Cake Recipe
Image Courtesy of Cookies and Cups
Go large and have a taste of the giant chipwich ice cream cake! Make homemade ice cream sandwiches like this toothsome dessert perfect for every family to try.
- 3 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 half-gallon good quality ice cream (no slow-churned)
- 2 logs/ packages frozen chocolate chip cookie dough
- Heat the oven in advance to 350° Fahrenheit. Grab two cake pans (9 inches wide) and line them with parchment paper. Gently press each cookie dough package into each pan’s bottom. Bake both about 20 minutes until golden brown. Wait for them to cool, and then place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Get the cookies out of the freezer. Spread vanilla ice cream on top of one cookie to make the layer even. Place the other frozen cookie over and press to cause the ice cream to come out of the sides. Scrape the sides of the cake to smooth the ice cream, and then refreeze for 2 more hours.
- Firm the ice cream by pressing chocolate chips around it until fully covered. Refreeze for one more hour, or till ready to serve.
5. S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Betty Crocker
Homemade ice cream sandwiches like this amazing dessert combine two of the summer favorites: s’mores and ice-cream sandwiches. You’ll enjoy the cool twist on this summertime fave even without a campfire. Become obsessed with s’more with this recipe!
- Half-gallon brick-style chocolate ice cream
- 32 Graham Cracker Squares
- ½ Cup Marshmallow Crème
- ½ Cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Using an ungreased jelly roll pan for a container, arrange sixteen of the graham crackers in its bottom, 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 1 inch. Top each cracker with a spread of frosting. Have one side of remaining crackers added with a spread of marshmallow creme.
- Cut four slices, about ¾ inches thick, of ice cream crosswise. Make 16 pieces by cutting each slice into fourths. (Store remaining ice cream in the freezer to use for another time.) Place one piece of ice cream on each cracker in a pan. Use the remaining crackers as toppings, pressing marshmallows gently as it sides down.
- Wrap and store in the freezer for two hours, or until ready to serve. Cover each sandwich with plastic or foil wrap, then freeze.
- Make these homemade ice cream sandwiches and freeze them until half a month.
- Refrigerate the ice cream 20 minutes to half an hour to soften it in case it’s too hard to slice.
6. Lucky Charms Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Kitchn
Need an easy and new way to chill in summer and set loose the inner child in you? Look no further than the end of the rainbow! This recipe is a pot of gold that will make your day. Feel a leprechaun’s magic with these homemade ice cream sandwiches.
Depending on size, you can make 8 to 12 sandwiches with this recipe.
- 1-pint French vanilla ice cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 pkg. mini marshmallows, 10 ounces
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Use a nonstick baking spray to grease a baking sheet and place near the stove.
- Heat butter to melt it in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir to smoothen and melt completely, then stop heating, mix Lucky Charms, and swiftly stir to coat completely.
- Use spatula or wax paper to press the blend into the sheet pan for at least half-inch thick.
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to mold 8 discs. Sandwich one big French vanilla ice cream scoop with two Lucky Charm discs and press down. Redo to make another three sandwiches.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Pass The Sushi
Summer is even better with homemade ice cream sandwiches like these waffle ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
- Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
- 1 pkg. Frozen Waffles with/without chocolate chips
- Get the ice cream out of the freezer to slightly soften.
- Toast waffles until not soggy (follow the directions on its packaging).
- Place an ice cream scoop onto one waffle. Grab another one to make a sandwich.
- Top with fudge, whipped cream, and sprinkles for an awesome party and childhood blast.
- Give it a class by topping it with little-powdered sugar sprinkle.
8. Cookie Monster Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Hungry Happenings
You may have tasted a lot of versions of homemade ice cream sandwiches, but this particular recipe with blue cookie dough is different in an adorable, cute, and delicious way. Not only that these cookie monster ice cream sandwiches are so much fun, but they’re also super easy!
- Optional, White Food Coloring
- 4 Cups Creamy Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 40 Large Candy Eyes
- 1 – 8 Ounce Block Cream Cheese, Softened
- Blue Cookie Icing
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- Blue Food Coloring
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Almond Extract
- Set the oven to a heat of 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter.
- Beat to make completely fluffy and light.
- Put in sugar, and then beat to mix thoroughly.
- Add in food coloring, almond extract, vanilla, and egg and beat to make creamy.
- Whisk baking powder and flour together.
- Stir the ingredients that are dry into the wet until well mixed.
- Line 40 scooped tablespoons of dough on baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you like, spike the dough with a fork to give it furry look.
- Oven-bake one tray after another for 12 to 16 minutes till the tops of the cookies isn’t wet-looking anymore and the edges feel set.
- Get the cookies out of the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Peel the parchment paper off the cookies.
- Pair cookies up according to size.
- Reserve the half part of the cookies for attaching the 2 candy eyes using blue cookie icing.
- Sandwich an ice cream scoop with two cookies.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
9. Cake Batter Cookie Ice Cream Recipe
Image Courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction
When it comes to homemade ice cream sandwiches, these cake batter cookie ice cream sandwiches are a celebrity. Magazines feature them! Countless readers, friends, and family are smitten by this funfetti cake batter and chocolate chip cookies hybrid.
- 1-quart vanilla or your fav ice cream
- 1 batch fully-cooled Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Follow these directions to make the cookies. Let them cool completely.
- Make the ice cream a bit soft by setting out for at least 10 minutes. Take and sandwich a large ice cream scoop with two cookies. If you like, roll chocolate chips or sprinkles on the sides of the sandwiches. Store the sandwiches in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Make them last until 2 months by tightly wrapping each of these goodies in saran wrap.
10. Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Pint Sized Baker
Homemade ice cream sandwiches like these strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches boast optimum reward for a yummy summer dessert that’s easy to prepare. Use store-bought and premade ingredients to make them in a snap.
- Chocolate (optional)
- 1 pt. Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, washed, and hulled Strawberries
- Soften the ice cream by placing into a large bowl.
- Slice the strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Give them a 15-minute break to slightly liquefy (macerate). Add the berries, stir into the softened ice cream, and mix thoroughly. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Cut thin slices of the pound cake. Put them on a baking sheet and freeze until ready to serve.
Tips: Feel free to incorporate a melted chocolate layer to the pound cake just before topping your sandwich.
11. Snickerdoodle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of CREME DE LA CRUMB
What was your favorite ice cream topping again? I bet you’d switch to syrup once you get to try these fun and easy-to-make snickerdoodle waffle ice cream sandwiches. In fact, you’d probably love any toppings and ice cream flavors for this recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar, Sprinkles, Frozen or Fresh Fruits, Nuts, or Your Favorite
- Strawberry, Chocolate, or/and Caramel Syrup
- Vanilla or Any Ice Cream Flavor of your choice
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- Whisk cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Dredge butter on both sides of your waffles, and then coat by sprinkling cinnamon-sugar. In case you make this super yummy version of homemade ice cream sandwiches with mini waffle bites, evenly slice your waffles into fourths or smaller cuts.
- Sandwich one ice cream scoop with two pieces of waffle. Add syrup on top or/and any toppings you like and have a bite!
- The great thing about this recipe is that it’s versatile! You can actually use either store-bought toaster waffles or homemade waffles to make this summertime fave. The size of waffles don’t matter, be it full or mini-sized, as well as the syrup and ice cream flavor.
12. Chewy Carrot Cookies Recipe
Image Courtesy of celebrating SWEETS
Yummy homemade ice cream sandwiches like chewy cookies are already good on their own, but throwing in freshly grated carrot bestows them a spring enhancement. Their taste is just out of this world!
- ¾ C. Butter
- ⅔ C. Grated Carrot
- 2 C. Flour
- 1½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ⅓ C. Molasses
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 C. Sugar
- .13 Tsp. Salt
- Heat the oven in advance to 350° Fahrenheit. Set 2 cookie sheets up with parchment paper.
- In a large deep dish, whisk salt, ginger, cinnamon, flour, and baking soda together, and then set aside.
- Use mixer set over medium speed to beat sugar and butter until velvety. Beat in egg, then add molasses, and beat to mix thoroughly. Set low speed. Add in flour and beat until mix thoroughly.
- Use a 1-inch cookie scoop to make balls out of dough; place and space 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or whenever the edges are good to go. Cool a bit on a wire rack. Peel the cookies off the cookie sheet and move to wire rack. Allow to completely cool. Use an airtight container to store cookies at room temperature until a week or freeze until 2 months.
13. Nerd Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Woman’s Day
Crunchy and colorful, Nerds will surprise you with a nice tart kick. Did you know that they make good dessert additions? Take these savory homemade ice cream sandwiches for example! The rich vanilla ice cream is sandwiched with cookies made with bittersweet chocolate chips.
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Tiny Tart Candies (Such As Nerds)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- Set oven to a heat of 350° F. Set 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk salt, cocoa, flour, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat sugar and butter for at least 3 minutes or until fluffy and light. Add the egg and beat, then the vanilla. Set low speed, add the flour mixture slowly, and mix thoroughly. Fold the chocolate chips in.
- On the baking sheets, drop and space 24 slightly balled tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart. Bake 9-12 minutes or until the edges are firm round with the middle a bit soft. Wait 5 minutes to cool, then move to wire racks to fully cool.
- Sandwich ¼ cup ice cream between two cookies. Store in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to a day or until firm.
- Have a bowl of candies and coat the edge of the ice cream by rolling in the candies.
14. Honey-Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping
If your tummy tells you to look for a treat that’s easy to eat, nothing is as good as these cold, creamy homemade ice cream sandwiches! Butter cookies sandwich yummy honey-vanilla ice cream in this recipe.
- 12 Very-Thin-Oval (4×2 inches Each) Butter Wafer Cookies
- 1 Lb. Fresh Cherries
- 1 Pt. Honey-Vanilla Ice Cream
- Make this recipe in a heartbeat. Top each of the 6 cookies with a spread of 1/3 cup ice cream, and then use the 6 excess cookies as toppings.
- On the cookie sheet, place the homemade ice cream sandwiches.
- Freeze to make ice cream firm.
- If desired, serve with a bowl of cherries.
Tips: During the sandwiching part, there’s a tendency that some ice cream might drip down, frozen onto the cookie sheet. It’ll be easy to remove the sandwiches if the pan is lined with parchment.
15. Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Pillsbury
Homemade ice cream sandwiches like these peppermint ice cream sandwiches make for a fun holiday dessert idea. They’re incredibly easy and fun to make and not mention delicious too! You can also use the ice cream flavor of your choice in this recipe.
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Lb. Sugar Cookie Dough
- Bring the oven to a heat of 350° Fahrenheit. Form one tablespoon balls out of sugar cookie dough, about one pound, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Wait for 5 minutes to cool on baking sheets, and then move to wire rack to fully cool.
- After completely cooled, place giant vanilla ice cream scoop over one cookie and top with another one. Coat by rolling in lightly crumbled candy canes and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
16. Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Susan Spungen via Delish
These homemade ice cream sandwiches make for a fav patriotic treat formed as all-American tastes of graham crackers and blueberries come together.
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 16 To 20 Graham Crackers
- 1 Pt. Blueberries
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
- ¾ C. Sugar
- 1 C. Whole Milk
- Pinch Of Salt
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat and mix salt, berries, and sugar in it. Cook and stir often for 3-4 minutes or until you completely dissolve the sugar. Boil, lower heat, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice in.
- Cook berries to make batches of puree. (Blender should be less half filled each time.) Strain into a bowl and freeze to chill.
- Add and stir cream and milk into berry mixture. Transfer to ice cream maker, and store in the freezer (follow the manufacturer’s guide). Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape.
- For assembling, top one graham cracker with a spread of about ¾ cup ice cream and use another cracker as a topping. Press gently, and refreeze to make completely firm.
17. Ice Cream Sandwiched with Cookie Dough Recipe
Image Courtesy of Feasting On Fruit
Another amazing homemade ice cream sandwiches, creamy cookie dough ice cream sits between chocolate chip cookie dough layers. No spoon, baking, and churning are required to make this simple dessert—these cookie dough ice cream sandwiches make for a perfect health-boosting summer treat!
- 1-gallon slightly-softened vanilla ice cream (preferably Häagen-Dazs)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1½ c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. white sugar
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. whole milk
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl, then add vanilla and milk and stir to mix well. Stir in salt and flour. Once combined fully, fold chocolate chips in.
- Set a large baking sheet lined with parchment overhanging on sides. Press the mixture into the pan (make sure to even using flat-surfaced objects, maybe a cutting board). Use another parchment to top, then store in the freezer about an hour or until firm.
- Get the cookie dough out of the pan and lay onto a cutting board. Cut the dough in half. Top softened vanilla ice cream over one the half, then slowly top with the other half. Move to the pan again.
- Store in the freezer for 4 hours or more, or up to overnight. Cut to make slices of sandwiches and dish to serve right away.
18. Grilled Donut Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of DAD with a PAN
Do you know what a grilled donut taste like? It’s just one bright idea to give day old donuts a scrumptious makeover. To make it even better, make yummy homemade ice cream sandwiches with them and smother a blueberry and blackberry reduction.
- Chocolate Syrup, For Drizzling
- 4 Maraschino Cherries
- 4 Glazed Donuts, Cut In Half
- Whipped Cream
- 8 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat grill pan or the grill to high.
- Grill halves of the doughnut while glazed side down for at least a minute or until charred. Set aside to cool.
- Insert 2 vanilla ice cream scoops between each doughnut and press down lightly.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of each, then whipped cream, and last but not the least, top with a cherry. Voila!
19. Classy Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Image Courtesy of Will Cook For Smiles
A combination of festive home-baked cookies and classic homemade red velvet ice cream, this red velvet ice cream sandwich recipe is simply one of the most delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches! Use the cookies to sandwich the ice cream and savor the red velvet magic.
- 1 Gal. Softened Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Set oven to a heat of 350° F.
- Set a large baking sheet that has a rim lined with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, salt, butter, and cake mix in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until mixture becomes very thick.
- On the prepared baking sheet, spread the batter. Then, bake for 18-20 minutes or until set.
- Allow to completely cool in pan and then make 2 large rectangles by slicing the sheet cake in half crosswise.
- Top one half with a spread of vanilla ice cream, then place another over to form a large ice cream sandwich.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm, then cut into square slices. Serve right away.
20. Neapolitan Ice Cream Napoleon Recipe
Image Courtesy of The Spruce
American citizens call it Napoleon. In Italy, it goes by the name “mille foglie”. It got its name from the many puff pastry layers used to form it. But after you get a taste of these homemade ice cream sandwiches, you’d probably call it whatever you like—something that’s delicious because it undeniably is!
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Fudge Topping
- ½ Of A 17.3-Ounce Package Puff Pastry Sheets(1 Sheet), Thawed
- 1 Pt. Strawberry Ice Cream, Softened (About 2 Cups)
- 1 Pt. Chocolate Ice Cream, Softened (About 2 Cups)
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Lay the folded pastry sheet spread-out on a lightly floured surface. Produce 3 strips from the pastry sheet by cutting it along the fold marks. Transfer the pastries on a baking sheet.
- Oven-bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Peel off the baking sheet from the pastries and let sit on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Divide each pastry to produce 2 layers, having 6 in total.
- Set aside two top layers of pastry. Top the two bottom layers of pastry with a spread of chocolate ice cream. Store in the freezer for at least half an hour. Top using another layer of pastry and spread strawberry ice cream. Use the top pastry layers you set aside over. Store the ice cream in the freezer until firm, about half an hour. Top by drizzling with chocolate.
Tips: Use a wet, serrated knife to ease slicing.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Video Instructions
In case you’re a visual learner but not a bookworm, the video instructions provided below will help you to make your own homemade ice cream sandwiches—DIY Chipwich’ Recipe by Clean & Delicious.
Have you decided which of these homemade ice cream sandwiches you’d like to get your hands on? They’re simply the best if you’re looking for something to grab in the ref this summer. Enjoy!