Nobody in his or her right mind would want to have dry, flaky, and unhealthy looking skin (with the exception of those who have skin conditions).
Skin is such a wealth to keep and a gift to take good care of, because, believe it or not, it is like the door to your home.
What does that mean?
Other than the face, your skin is the next visible thing that people are looking at wherever you go.
And it plays a vital role in self-esteem and self-confidence, because human beings tend to judge by outward appearance.
Not to mention that skin shows the indicative state of your body’s overall health, so it is best that you take good care of your skin to avoid any self-issues like insecurities and lack of self-confidence.
There are many ways that you could take care of your skin especially if it is dry.
You could try the dry skin brushing regimen for 30 days and see its favorable results.
Here’s how to do skin brushing:
- The first thing that you need is a bristle brush with a long handle, so you could reach all parts of your body. Try looking for natural bristle brush and not the artificial ones.
- Remove all your clothes and stand in your bathtub or tiled bathroom floor where the dead skin could fall and gather. Or you could opt for a big towel and stand on it instead.
- Start brushing your skin beginning at your feet like sweeping movements going to the direction of your heart and just keep brushing. It is important to brush towards the heart.
- Brush gently on sensitive and delicate areas of your body such as the breast. Over time, your skin’s sensitivity will lessen as you continue with brushing regimen.
- When you are done brushing not missing any part, then it’s time to get real clean. Take a shower (cold or hot) to stimulate blood flow to your skin.
- After showering, dry up with a soft and clean towel and apply organic skin oil products like coconut oil or organic argan oil.
- Keep doing this for 30 days and twice every day to see its maximum effects on your body’s skin. Don’t forget to keep your skin brush clean and wash it with cleanser at least once a week. To dry it naturally after washing, you can place it in a fiber under direct sunlight say on your window or wherever there is an access to sunlight. This will keep molds from developing in the brush.
Why should you try skin brushing?
Here are some of the benefits that you could get from dry skin brushing: it will peel off dead skin and stimulate a better lymphatic system through the removal of toxins in your body done by the bristles of the brush; skin brushing will also lessen cellulite accumulation in your body and will help to unclog pores, allowing your skin to breath and thus to glow and appear healthy.
For taking only about 5 minutes a day of your time, you’ll get the skin that you’ve always wanted.